Always read the Instructions for Use (IFU) before you start using NATPARA and each time you get a refill. There may be new information.
In the Instructions for Use, you will find information on:
- Getting to know the parts of your Q-Cliq™ pen(s) and your NATPARA medicine
- Preparing and mixing your NATPARA
- Preparing your Q-Cliq pen(s)
- Giving your daily NATPARA
- Frequently asked questions
Before you use NATPARA for the first time, a Nurse Educator will teach you about preparing, administering and storing your NATPARA. You can always ask your healthcare provider about your questions regarding NATPARA.
Learn how to get started on NATPARA. Also explore basic dosing and administration guidelines for taking NATPARA.
The most common side effects associated with NATPARA and occurring in more than 10% of patients taking NATPARA were:
- Paresthesia (tingling, tickling, or burning feeling of the skin), hypocalcemia (low blood calcium), headache, hypercalcemia (high blood calcium), nausea, hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation), diarrhea, vomiting, arthralgia (pain in joints), hypercalciuria (too much calcium in urine), and pain in extremity.
These are not all the possible side effects of NATPARA. For more information, ask your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.